Sunday, October 7, 2012

*The Liebster Blog Award*

Last month, I received the excellent news that I was the recipient of the Liebster Blog Award!  This award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Thank you to my Twitter follower Christine (@SunflowerScribe) for nominating me! Please visit her blog The Sunflower Scribe! I am proud to display the award graphic on my blog.

The Rules of the Award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 new questions for the people you've tagged.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!

Christine's 11 Questions/My Answers

1. What is your favorite book?
Wow. This is a difficult question. There are SO many I could choose! However, the first thing that always comes to mind is Snow in August by Pete Hamill. I read this book in AP English one year in high school, and the story has never left me! I read it often just to remember how I felt the first time I read it.

2. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
For me, this is a two-part answer. If I could go anywhere tomorrow, I would go straight to Salzburg, Austria where I studied abroad when I was in college. It was the most amazing, phenomenal experience of my life and I would love to visit my host family and see Mozart's birthplace again.  As far as a place I've never been to, I'd love to go to Spain! 

3. What technology do you think you will never adopt? 
I can't say there is anything in particular that I would not adopt, however, I am one of the select people that doesn't own a Blu-Ray player. (Does that count?) My DVD player works just fine and I don't want to have to start my DVD collection over again! 

4. What is your favorite comfort food?
Again, there could be many answers to this one! But if I had to choose, probably hummus! I could eat A LOT of this and still feel okay since it's pretty healthy for you! (Blue cheese stuffed olives might be right up there with hummus!)

5. What was your most embarrassing hairstyle?
It wasn't so much the hairstyle that I look back on and cringe, but rather this suede green headband that I religiously wore with everything. I had no shame when I was 10! But hey, I was being an individual, right?

6. What was your favorite childhood candy?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. And that hasn't changed a bit!

7. What is the prettiest city you have ever been to?
See answer to # 2. Salzburg, Austria, hands down!

8. If you had 10 minutes on a popular TV talk show, what would you talk about?
I guess it would all depend on whose talk show I was on, but I'd probably either talk about my writing and passion for children's books or encourage more college students to look into studying abroad. It's such an incredible and rewarding experience! 

9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a night owl!

10. What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Watch the Chicago Bears, of course!!

11. Is there such a thing as too much chocolate?
NEVER! 


Questions for the people I tagged below:
1. What's a guilty pleasure of yours that you're embarrassed to admit around your friends or family?
2. What's the last thing you accomplished that made you incredibly proud?
3. What's your biggest fear?
4. Have you or do you think you will ever overcome your fear?
5. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how?
6. Do you have to eat breakfast in the morning in order to function? 
7. What's your favorite movie and why?
8. If animals could talk, what would ask you them?
9. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
10. What is your favorite type of cookie?
11. Would you ever go sky diving?


People I Tagged (3 instead of 11):

No comments:

Post a Comment