Monday, November 11, 2013

Day Eleven of NaNoWriMo

Guilty as charged! I was not able to write the past few days, however, I was able to get some more brainstorming and research in, including a mapped out timeline of each chapter, the plot points and any inciting incidents.

I'm continuing to read middle grade novels (one in particular that contains pranks in the book too!) in order to submerge myself in the middle grade novel tone of a male protagonist. Since my first novel is from the viewpoint of an 11-year-old girl, switching gears the second time around has proven to be quite a challenge. But I will admit, I am absolutely LOVING my new story and where it is going!

I am thrilled that the motivation NaNoWriMo provides has been so successful for me these past few days, and cannot wait to see what my novel becomes by the end of the month. I'm even more excited for you all to see it -- one day!

After 540 words, the total is now up to 6,028!

Today's excerpt: "They raised their long green bony hands and pointed their sharp fingernails at me.  I tried to stop and turn around but my back felt as if it were up against a wall, pushing me forward, the heels of my gym shoes screeching along the floor tile as the hallway got smaller and smaller. The sickly stench of burning rubber filled my nostrils..."

Best writing wishes to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment